Baldock, Church of Saint Mary the Virgin

Foto: Andrew & Jane Wood © 2020

In 1913 bouwde Norman & Beard een nieuw pneumatisch kegelladen-orgel voor de Church of Saint Mary the Virgin in Baldock (Hertfordshire). Het is in 1965 gerestaureerd door Hill, Norman & Beard en in 2002 opnieuw gerestaureerd door The Village Workshop. Het pedaalklavier is radiaal concaaf.

Dispositie:

Choir: C – c4
Hohl Flote 8′
Dulciana 8′
Viole d’Orchestre 8′
Flauto Traverso 4′
Harmonic Piccolo 2′
Clarinet 8′
Tremulant

Great: C – c4
Violone 16′
Open Diapason (Large) 8′
Open Diapason (Small) 8′
Claribel Flute 8′
Corno Dolce 8′
Principal 4′
Harmonic Flute 4′
Fifteenth 2′
Trumpet 8′

Swell: C – c4
Lieblich Bordun 16′
Open Diapason 8′
Rohr Flote 8′
Salicional 8′
Voix Celeste 8′
Principal 4′
Wald Flute 4′
Mixture III
Contra Fagotto 16′
Horn 8′
Hautboy 8′
Tremulant

Pedal: C – f1
Open Diapason 16′
Violone 16′ – Great
Bordun 16′ – sic
Principal 8′
Bass Flute 8′
Contra Fagotto 16′ – Swell

Couplers:
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great
Swell to Choir
Swell octave
Swell suboctave
Swell unison off
Choir to Great
Choir to Pedal
Great to Pedal

Accessories:
2 balanced swell pedals
Great pistons to Pedal combinations
4 thumb pistons each to Great and Swell
3 thumb pistons to Choir
rocking tablet Sw-Gt reversible (perhaps the only non-original feature
on this organ, although the tablet itself is standard – but not fitted
with a spring for this purpose);
4, 4 composition pedals
Gt-Pd reversible toe pedal